Wednesday, January 5, 2022

MT PART II - Too Blessed to be Stressed

 November 26-December 1, 2021

EKALAKA, MONTANA

Panoramic Sunset

Welcome to Ekalaka!

    Truly the most stunning sunsets, so far. Flat lands provide expansive views that never end. Just keep circling around yourself, and you will catch a different angle of the sunset receding. I climbed to the highest point in town to catch a long beautiful descend of light into darkness. The first time passing by this sign was in the black of night, seeking refuge from the unfortunate deer incident. I went back for a proper introduction! Teehee.

Horse ranch

    It was so cold but I tried to get out and go for a walk/jog in the afternoons. Just down the road, there was a horse ranch and these three gorgeous guys let me sing for them. What beauties!!

A Masonic Lodge

    It appears that truly, every town in America has a masonic lodge. Nobody I ran into pays attention to it or even knows it exists but it's there. I pray every single one of these buildings are destroyed and converted into places that worship God.

Open church in the middle of the week during the day

How Deep the Father's Love for Us

    On my walk, I found the church that Royce and her friend invited me to go to on Sunday. I peeked in and it was actually opened! I found no person inside but I did find a piano!! I opened the hymn book to "How Deep the Father's Love for Us". This was just incredible. I had been listening to the Mission House and Citizen's version of this old hymn over and over again during my travels. Please, take a moment to be blessed by this gorgeous rendition.

Mission House and Citizens "How Deep the Father's Love for Us"

Elk hanging

    Continuing on my walk, I ran into a "never have I ever". Almost everyone I met in these parts hunted. Apparently, seeing animals hanging on trees is pretty common here. I could only imagine what Northport Village would have to say about this. The meat is best if the animal is left hanging for about 10 days. The weather must permit by not getting too cold or too hot.

The Old Rugged Cross

    On Sunday, I headed back to the now full church. Every hymn we sang had a special meaning to me. Melodies that warmed my heart and memories that flooded my mind. This one in particular (above) was the song played over and over at my father's wake. He was a cowboy at heart and loved this song. I cried like a little baby.

Cabin in the woods

Bob and Pat Anderson and their home

    After church, Royce took me along with her to her spiritual parents cabin and their parent's cabin. Bob Anderson is a respected prophet in that I was told about. His wife Pat, is one of the warmest women I have ever met. She gave me a blissful hug and her presence alone emanated the heart of the Father. They were gifted this hand crafted home. It was transported to this land and the only stipulation with receiving this home was that they had to live in it. They couldn't rent it or use it as a vacation home. At the time, they were grateful simply to have a home, never mind a second home. God's blessings abound.

The Anderson's son and daughter-in-law Reneé and Brooke

Upstairs

Main floor dining nook

    Brooke is a contractor and he and his wife dreamed up this cabin and crafted it with their own hands. It is an open floor plan with two floors. A stunning porch with a hanging swing. The view includes the plains and the pines. Reneé cooked up a delicious meal of hot soup followed by some left over Thanksgiving pumpkin pie and fresh whipped coconut cream. My life motto: "Too blessed to be stressed".

    But wait...there's more! Before leaving Ekalaka, I had to pick the truck up from Baker, Montana. When I arrived, the woman who writes up the estimates was not present. The insurance deductible was supposed to be $250. Just that amount I thought was a great price but it gets better. A paint job was included in the estimate but no paint job was applied. James, the owner of the shop, was frustrated that he couldn't get in touch with his employee. He said he would not charge me for a job not done. The price of the paint job? $200. The deductible was then reduced to $50. 

    But wait...there's more! I asked James if I could have 5 minutes of his time. He didn't budge. He was stressed. I said, how about 2 minutes? He said, alright. So, I offered my hand and he took it. I asked for the peace of God to come right then and there. I sang my healing song and then left a moment of silence. When I opened my eyes, his whole continence changed. He slowly smiled and said, thank you, I really needed that. To see that shift was the greatest blessing of all. And then I said he should adopt my motto " Too blessed to be stressed". He agreed and we both had a big chuckle. The perfect send off for another long drive. 



2 comments:

  1. We were so blessed to have you in the area and you impacted the people around you. Just saw one of the notes you left for the town still hanging at the coffee shop, smiled and said a prayer for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!! I appreciate your prayers so much!!!!
    love love love

    ReplyDelete